What candidate would you most like to have a beer with?

If you owned your own bar and could only have one beer on tap, which would it be?

When is it ok to start drinking? St. Patrick's Day, Halloween, and your birthday excluded.

Which bad beer is the worst?

What goes best with beer?

Which dead person do you wish you could have a beer with?

What sporting events are best for beer drinking?

Pale Bock

I’m making my way through the JW Dundee’s Craft Pack, slowly but surely. Pale Bock is JW Dundee’s Ale/Malt Lager. Pale Bock is a seasonal beer available from February-April. It was a Gold Award Winner of the 2006 World Beer Cup : German Style Heller-Bock/Maibock Category.







Source: http://www.jwdundee.com/AlesLager/PaleBock/


Appearance: Pale Bock has a deep orangey-gold color. The bottom of my glass was fairly transparent, but hazier towards the brim.

Smell: The beer has a rich hoppy smell. It’s a stronger, bolder malt aroma than JW Dundee’s Honey Brown. I detect a hint of something nutty or coffee-like.

Taste: The first couple of sips weren’t as strong and bitter as I’d expected, given the strong smell. It’s not as strong initially as it is later, but when it does kick in, it’s not at all unpleasant.

Mouthfeel: The first few sips of Pale Bock were pretty foamy, but that dissipated as I drank it. The carbonation bubbles were minimal and it was smooth going down.

Drinkability: I wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase more JW Dundee's Pale Bock (the 2 bottles of Honey Brown that came in the Craft Pack weren’t enough, so I bought a six-pack of Honey Brown on sale at Kroger for $5.64). But if I were offered another Pale Bock, I certainly wouldn’t refuse.




No comments: